Sunday, May 15, 2011

I'm Back!!!

Wow, it's been a really long long time since I've even been on here. I haven't had the time to blog very much, but now I'm back! I finally have time to blog more, and I plan to use it!

So, what have I been up to? I have been up to my ears in Harry Potter! I've been participating in the Ravelry group Harry Potter Knitting/Crochet House Cup. We are a few weeks into the Spring 2011 term, and I have already participated in Quidditch and Care of Magical Creatures. I'm having lots of fun with this group! I'm a Slytherin, and I'm loving it!

But enough about that....it's time for some pictures of what I've been crafting lately!


I made this dishcloth for my mother. Her birthday was on May 7, and with Mother's Day on May 8, I decided it was a good idea to make a two-in-one kind of gift. She loved it, and she has already been using it! I made it out of I Love This Cotton in the Aqua Ombre colorway. For those of you that have Ravelry, here is a link to the project page:

And now for some pictures of my two projects I've completed for the House Cup!

First up is my Quidditch project. The first match of the term was between Gryffindor and Slytherin. Of course I am playing as a Chaser for Slytherin, and here is my completed snitch!


This is the first thing I have crocheted in three dimensions, but it turned out pretty great. My cats certainly love it. I didn't even have to fill it with catnip! I just threw it across the room and watched the ensuing attack :D Here's the project page on Ravelry:

Finally, for Care of Magical Creatures I chose the option requiring us to craft an object to protect a treasure. So, naturally, I crocheted a cover for my iPhone. I used Lily Sugar and Creme in the Lava Lamp Twists colorway. It's nothing too fancy, but I like it.


I really liked this pattern. It was easy to do, and it worked up pretty quickly. The only thing I didn't do was sew up the bottom because the hole turned out to be the perfect size to hold my phone in and allow my phone to be plugged into the charger. Here's the project page on Ravelry:

Well, that's it for me for today. I'm going to try to write on here at least two or three times a week from now on. If anyone wants the patterns for any of the previous projects and you don't have a Ravelry account, please post your request in the comments, and I will try to get the url for the patterns posted on my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Knit me a Message :)