Monday, May 16, 2011

Mediocre Monday

Well, it's Monday. Yay...not really. I actually have things that I need to do today, but instead my body decided not to allow me to fall asleep at all last night. Now, I may be stuck sleeping at least until noon so that I actually have time later to be productive.

So here's my To Do list:

1. Sleep
2. Shower
3. Laundry
4. Dishes
5. Job applications
6. Work on the Doctor Who scarf
7. Find patterns to knit for Christmas (yup I'm getting started now so I'm not rushing around at the last minute like last Christmas ;)
8. Find a book to read

So, as you can see, I have actually come up with a few things to do with myself today. Numbers 5 through 7 are actually the main-most things I need to get accomplished...oh and that sleep thing too. Yeah sleeping might help :)

Well, here are some pictures of a few things I'm thinking about knitting for gifts this year:


This pattern is called Citron by Hilary Smith Callis. I'm thinking of knitting this for my mother for Christmas. I haven't quite decided what color I'm going to knit it in yet. I really like the idea of dark blue, but I need to clean up and organize my stash before I will know what kind of yarn I have available for it.

**To Do List 9. Clean and organize stash**


This scarf is just soooo pretty! I love the cables. It makes me want to keep it when I knit it instead of gifting it. However, I know my aunt will enjoy it much more this winter. This pattern is called Celtic Cable Scarf by Vanessa Lewis. I think I might actually dye my own yarn for this project, or it might be easier to knit it then over-dye the finished object. Either way I'm sure it will turn out great.


This pattern is technically for a dishcloth, but I think it would look really great as a cowl or a scarf. That's what I'm going to do with it anyway. I want to find a really pretty either slightly variegated green yarn or a kettle-dyed yarn for this project. I might try my hand at kettle dying to get the yarn color I want. I'm going to give this to my sister. She is the one who taught me how to knit, so I know she will fully appreciate anything special I do to it. This pattern is called Twin Leaf Cloth by SmarieK.


Finally, these beauties will be for my boyfriend. He absolutely loves everything Doctor Who (and I'm starting to become a big fan myself), so I know he will love these. He has no idea I'm even going to attempt them, so it will be a huge surprise. Now I just have to teach myself how to do a bit of colorwork, and I'll be home free. This pattern is called TARDIS Socks by Keladry Bonnett.

Well at least suffering from insomnia has allowed me to keep a promise to myself in that I worked on my blog some more. Now it's definitely time for some sleep.

All the pictures in this post were taken from their respective project pages on www.ravelry.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Knit me a Message :)